PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Muslim National Front voters challenge far-right stereotype

kritiker_34
05.04.2007, 16:35
PARIS, March 6, 2007 (AFP) - Abdallah Bourakba is a 54 year-old divorcee and father of three, whose parents came to Paris in the 1950s from Algeria. He is out of work and looking for a job as a salesman. He is Muslim and French, and next month he will vote for far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen.
In the last 25 years an anti-work ethic has taken root. New immigrants think France is an el dorado.

"When my father came here, he knew he had to work damned hard. But in the last 25 years an anti-work ethic has taken root. New immigrants think France is an el dorado. There are huge tensions between those who are integrated, who believe in work, and the new arrivals who expect everything on a plate.

"For me Jean-Marie Le Pen is not racist. He is for 'national preference' and for his enemies that means racist. But that is not the way I see it," he said.

It might appear to defy logic for Muslim voters to choose the founder of France's National Front (FN) at April's presidential election, but there is evidence that -- for a variety of motives -- a number are willing to break what used to be a rigid political taboo.

http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=25&story_id=37994

Warum wählen französische Araber für Le Pen?

mastermind
06.04.2007, 17:46
Weil Monsieur Le Pen vielleicht noch andere Facetten zu bieten hat, als nur die eines radikalen Rassisten ...

... ,was aber nicht heißt, dass ich ihn unterstütze.